M2M4RIA is an extension for OpenRIAServices
that adds support for many-2-many relations.Breaking changes
M2M4RIA has been ported to OpenRIAServices
. For this transition we've changed the name space of M2M4RIA to be consistent with the name space of OpenRiaServices. This has the following impact on existing code:
Documentation for the previous version of M2M4Ria for WCF Ria Services can be found here
- The name space RIAServices.M2M has been renamed to OpenRiaServices.M2M.
- Can be installed with NuGet.
- Supports Entity Framework code-first, model first, and DbContext.
- A strongly-typed configuration mechanism using the Fluent Metadata API for OpenRIAServices
- A code generator that seamlessly integrates with the code generator of OpenRIAServices.
- Requires only a minimal adaption of your data model (see StepByStepInstructions).
- Supports many-2-many relations with composite keys.
M2M4RIA is distributed as a collection of NuGet packages:
- Add the M2M4RIA NuGet packages to your solution.
- Create LinkTable entities (By subclassing a generic LinkTable class provided by M2M4RIA).
- Extend your data model with "link table" views.
- Configure your M2M relations using the fluent metadata API.
- Add Insert/Delete operations to your domain service for your link table entities
A complete step-by-step guide is provided here
The source code repository
contains a sample application that shows how M2M4RIA can be used..Acknowledgements
I would like to thank Colin Blair because without his support, m2m4ria would probably not exist.See AlsoGeneralOverview StepByStepInstructions