VB Support

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Looks like this doesn't support vb.net solutions, is that correct?

Thanks, Burl

Sep 14, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Hi Burl,

I've never used vb.net, so you're probably right.

I'm not sure what it would mean to support vb.net solutions.

Maybe you can just give it a try and see if it works or not.

Sep 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Thanks for the reply,

I'm pretty sure I can't mix C# code in vb.projects. So I'm trying to rebuild your project and the tt files and convert the code to vb.

Going to take me awhile.

Thanks, Burl

Sep 14, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I wish I could help you, but I'm afraid I can't.

You could try posting a question about this on the RIA services forum. Perhaps someone has a good suggestion about how to proceed.

Good luck, Merijn

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Hi MdeJ

I just noticed that if I "Run Custom Tool" on the "tt" files in the Silverlight or Web projects in the C# Solution, the Solutlon will not rebuild with out errors.

I have to unzip the solution again and it's fine. I've tried removing all the temp files and such with no luck.

I'm sure I'm missing something, any clues? other than don't "Run Custom Tool" :)

Thanks, Burl

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Hi Burldo,

I can't reproduce what you describe. If I hit the "transform all text templates" button in VS2010 and then build the solution everything compiles without any problem.

Could you tell me what errors you get?

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Hi MdeJ,

The problem was the "relative path" issue I found in the other discussions, got it going.

Thanks

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Good to know!

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:40 AM
burldo wrote:

Hi MdeJ,

The problem was the "relative path" issue I found in the other discussions, got it going.

Thanks

Were you able to implement this in VB.NET?

If so, who you mond publshing your approach, or if you converted it, the new code?

many thanks